Introduction to Investment Management
Time & Location
About The Event
As a family wealth grows and changes, so does the need for management of family wealth change. When a member is required to take over the responsibility of financial management, this can be an incredibly daunting task.
Are you prepared? To understand how to manage the wealth? To take a more active role? To challenge the family’s financial advisor confidently? If you feel overwhelmed, or if you wish to increase your level of understanding of financial tools and markets, as well as how to engage with the family’s financial advisor confidently, then this high profile introductory programme into investment management is right for you.
Many family members, especially next-generation family members, or those not used to business management, may have never been afforded the opportunity to familiarise themselves with financial responsibilities or investments prior to being immersed in a situation such as this. Nevertheless, the decisions will still need to be made. This is where Family Business Partner can help.
Objective – This unique, multi-faceted programme aims to facilitate family members through increasing their understanding of their new financial roles. This will include education about the possible reasons why past financial decisions were made, as well as how to direct them in the future. Through increasing understanding, the individual will be empowered to take a more active role in not only their own but also their family’s finances, therefore improving financial stability for generations to come.
Program Lead: Martin Mitchell, Director Training Services, CCL Academy, is a highly experienced and effective executive trainer in securities and investments, financial markets and governance, based in London. CCL Academy is a leading training institute in Europe and Middle East for securities & investments and corporate governance & risk management.
Key Questions: To achieve this goal, this program will answer the following questions:
Financial market instruments:
- What general asset classes exist and specifically, what are equities, what are bonds?
- What returns can be expected from each of the different assbt classes, in relation to risk?
Portfolio and wealth management:
- How should a portfolio strategy be designed and how should the portfolio allocation be evaluated?
- How should short and long term asset classes be balanced to plan for long term family sustainability?
- What are funds? How are they structured? What are their aims?
- What are the essential priciples of wealth management?
- How should a wealth management strategy be designed to fit with the family's long term goals?
Wealth management roles & responsibilities:
- Who are the third parties that offer wealth management services (ike investment banks, wealth advisors or family offices)?
- What factors determine how you distribute roles and responsibilites between the family on the one side and third parties on the other?
Note: when purchasing your ticket you can either pay with PayPal or your Credit card. For both, please use the "PayPal" option. To secure your seat, we must receive a payment prior to the course date.